Protein biology and protein chemistry are disciplines that help us understand the thousands of genes that influence our health. Genes direct the production of proteins that play a significant role in health and disease. Disorders like cancer, Alzheimer's, heart failure, and diabetes are now known to produce proteins and other substances that can help with earlier and more accurate diagnoses.
Protein research is supported by a range of methods and products that include:
- Protein lysis and extraction reagents, fractionation kits, enzyme inhibitors, desalting and dialysis devices, IEC columns, and affinity purification products
- Protein electrophoresis sample preparation, gels and gel stains, loading products, markers, and buffers
- Western blotting transfer and blotting devices, substrates, buffers, and membranes
- Protein quantitation assays, IP beads and kits, ELISA kits, and multiplex, enzyme reporter and protein activity assays
- Mass spectrometry reagents and kits, sample prep tools, and mass-tagging (TMT) and isotope-labeling (SILAC) kits
- Protein and antibody labeling, modifying, and crosslinking reagents
- Custom peptide synthesis and antibody preparation products
Explore high-performance tools and technologies to make each step of your Western workflow quick and easy.
Learn more about Invitrogen protein gels and find the right welcome pack for your application.
Learn how R&D Systems strives to set the standard in high-quality, trusted proteins.
See recommendations for transferring proteins with high molecular weight using the Invitrogen iBlot 2 Gel Transfer Device.
See the benefits of Thermo Scientific and Invitrogen protein preparation products for each step of your workflow.
Learn about MilliporeSigma’s all-in-one formula for protein extraction.
Find sample preparation, protein quantitation, and instrument calibration products for your proteomics research.
Find the right reagents and units for your protein electrophoresis work.