Random hexamers, oligo (dT)16, and reverse primers are included for cDNA synthesis flexibility.
- Contain MultiScribe Reverse Transcriptase, a recombinant moloney murine leukemia virus reverse transcriptase (MMLV RT)
- Random hexamers and oligo (dT)16 included for flexibility
- Individual components provide versatility in assay set-up
•Compatible with one-step or two-step RT-PCR reactions
- Optimal reaction temperature: 42°C
- Final product size: 5kb or less
Using TaqMan Reverse Transcription Reagents TaqMan Reverse Transcription Reagents provide all the necessary components to perform the reverse transcription of RNA to cDNA. For two-step RT-PCR, random hexamers, oligo (dT)16, and sequence-specific reverse primers can all be used. The choice of primers for reverse transcription is best made after experimentally evaluating all three priming systems. Built-in normalization The TaqMan reverse transcription reagents contain a passive internal reference to normalize non-PCR-related fluorescence fluctuations. Normalizing with a passive internal reference minimizes well-to-well variability that can result from a variety of causes, such as pipetting errors and sample evaporation. The passive reference is also essential for accurate results when multiple probes (with different reporter dyes) are combined in a single tube.
PCR & Real-Time PCR, Reverse Transcription