missing translation for 'onlineSavingsMsg'
Please login to your online account to display your discounted pricing
Invitrogen™ SuperScript™ II Reverse Transcriptase
An improved version of SuperScript RT
Supplier: Invitrogen™ 18064022
DescriptionSuperScript II Reverse Transcriptase (RT) is a DNA polymerase that synthesizes a complementary DNA strand from single-stranded RNA, DNA, or from an RNA:DNA hybrid. This enzyme is genetically engineered by the introduction of point mutations in the RNase H active center to reduce RNase H activity. This structural modification eliminates degradation of RNA molecules during first-strand cDNA synthesis and gives SuperScript II RT superior performance characteristics.
- Yield: Reduced RNase H activity results in greater first-strand cDNA yields
- Size of cDNA: Generation of RT-PCR products up to 12kb
- Thermostability:Full activity at 42°C
- Flexibility:Uses either total or poly(A)+ RNA
- Performance and quality testing: SDS-PAGE purity; endodeoxyribonuclease, exodeoxyribonuclease, and ribonuclease assays; and yield and length of cDNA product
- Concentration: 200 U/μL
- Unit definition:One unit of SuperScript II RT is the amount of enzyme required to incorporate 1nmole of deoxyribonucleotide into acid-precipitable material in 10 minutes at 37°C using poly(A)•oligo(dT)12-18 as template
- primer Unit reaction conditions: 50mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.3), 40mM KCl, 6mM MgCl2, 1mM DTT, 0.5mM [3H]dTTP, 0.1mM poly(A), 0.1mM oligo(dT)12-18, 0.1mg/mL BSA, and enzyme in 50μL for 10 minutes at 37°C
- Optimal reaction temperature: 42°C
- Final product size: 12.3kb or less
PCR & Real-Time PCR, Reverse Transcription
• SuperScript II Reverse Transcriptase 1 x 2,000 units (200 U/μL)
|Up to 12.3 kb|
|1-step RT-qPCR, 2-step RT-qPCR|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.