The Fisher Scientific channel is helping customers reach their climate goals through greener product choices, convenient recycling programs, and expertise in the latest advancements in sustainability.
Sustainability at Thermo Fisher Scientific
As part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, we’re working to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
Thermo Fisher’s net-zero strategy is centered around:
- Transitioning away from the use of fossil fuels and high-impact refrigerants
- Accelerating the adoption of renewable electricity
- Engaging with our suppliers to amplify collective progress
Two of our sites became Zero Waste Certified by Synergis Zero Waste Group in January 2022:
- Whitby, Ontario, with a final waste diversion of 98.08%
- Edmonton, Alberta, with a final waste diversion of 97.41%
Find Sustainable Products on fishersci.ca
Look for the leaf icon when browsing to find products that are part of our Greener Choice program.
- Offer one or more of the environmental benefits itemized in the U.S. FTC “Green Guides”
- Have confirmation that the stated product attributes are environmentally preferable to products within the same category
- Have assurance that the environmental benefit claims remain substantiated over time
- Include a receipt of signed Certificate of Compliance from the supplier stating that all environmental claims on the products or line of products comply with the requirements of all applicable state and federal laws governing environmental marketing claims
Trusted Sustainability Partner Program
Trusted Sustainability Partners:
- Show dedication to protecting the environment by being accepted into the program that has established rigorous qualification standards
- Have set goals aligned with science and have taken action to help prevent the worst impacts of climate change as outlined by the 2015 Paris Agreement
ENERGY STAR-Certified Products
Products that carry the ENERGY STAR™ label have been independently certified to meet the strict standards for energy efficiency set by the EPA.
ACT labels help customers understand and compare how products impact the environment through several scores, much like an eco-nutrition label.
Recycle Used PPE and Lab Products
Learn More About Sustainable Products and Practices
The Fisher Scientific channel makes it easy to work sustainably every day.
Reduce physical shipments without changing ordering cycles.
Consolidate orders to reduce transportation and greenhouse gas emissions.