Thermo Scientific™ Spectra™ Multicolor Broad Range Protein Ladder
A 4-color protein standard containing 10 prestained proteins (10 to 260kDa) for use as size standards in gel electrophoresis and Western blotting.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ 0026623
Thermo Scientific™ Spectra Multicolor Broad Range Protein Ladder is a 4-color protein standard containing 10 prestained proteins (10 to 260kDa) for use as size standards in gel electrophoresis and Western blotting.This prestained protein MW marker is designed for monitoring the progress of SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, for assessing transfer efficiency onto PVDF, nylon and nitrocellulose membranes, and for estimating the approximate size of separated proteins that have been made visible with gel stains or Western blot detection reagents. Four different chromophores (blue, orange, green, pink) are bound to the different component proteins, producing a brightly colored ladder with an easy-to-remember pattern.
Size range – 10 proteins spanning 10 to 260kDa
- Multicolor – four different colors for unambiguous band-size assignment
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels; no need to boil
- Sharp bands – color-coded bands of similar intensity for easy visualization
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Membrane-compatible – colored bands transfer to membranes for Western blotting
Dye-stained proteins in 62.5mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 10mM DTT, 1mM NaN3 and 33% glycerol.
Monitoring protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes after Western blotting; Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
|260, 140, 100, 70, 50, 40, 35, 25, 15, 10 kDa|
|colorimetric, NIR fluorescence (700nm channel), RGB fluorescence (555nm channel)|
|10 x 250 μL|
|3 colors: Blue, Orange, Green|
|10 to 260 kDa|