Gibco™ Geltrex™ LDEV-Free Reduced Growth Factor Basement Membrane Matrix
A soluble form of basement membrane extracted from murine Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) tumors. It is free of viruses, including lactose dehydrogenase elevating virus (LDEV), sometimes found in this type of preparation.
Supplier: Gibco™ A1413201
- The major components of Geltrex™ matrix include laminin, collagen IV, entactin, and heparin sulfate proteoglycans
- It is ideal for the promotion and maintenance of differentiated phenotypes in a variety of cell cultures including primary epithelial cells, endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC)
- Geltrex™ matrix offers, on average, a 2-fold reduction in several growth factors
- As a result, analysis of specific growth factor effects in applications requiring basement membrane extract can be carried out in a controlled and reproducible format
- Minimal protein concentration variation from lot-to-lot (∼15 mg/mL)
|Geltrex™ LDEV-Free Reduced Growth Factor Basement Membrane Matric comes as a sterile protein solution in 1 mL vials.
Store at -20 to -80°C.
Geltrex™ Matrix is stable for 18 months from date of manufacture when properly stored.
|Reduced Growth Factor|
|Adherent Cell Culture|
|Basement Membrane Matrix|
|No Phenol Red|
|Cell Culture Grade|
|Variety of cultured cells, including primary epithelial cells, endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC)|
|12 to 18 mg/mL|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.