Thermo Scientific™ Y-PER™-Plus Dialyzable Yeast Protein Extraction Reagent
Extract and solubilize proteins for analysis from yeast and bacterial cells with this effective, fully dialyzable lysis reagent.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ PI78999
Effectively lyse yeast and bacterial cells to extract and solubilize proteins for analysis with Thermo Scientific™ Y-PER-Plus Dialyzable Yeast Protein Extraction Reagent.The proprietary formulation of cell lysis buffer facilitates protein extraction from S. cerevisiae and S. pastoris yeast cell cultures. Glass bed disruption is not necessary; protein extraction is achieved by a 20-minute incubation in the reagent at room temperature. Unlike other cell lysis buffers, the Y-PER-Plus Reagent uses a detergent component that is fully dialyzable, allowing complete exchange of the extracted protein into any buffer required by downstream techniques.
- Stable formulation designed for room temperature storage
- Yields protein extract with simple 20-minute hands-off incubation
- Requires no rigorous mechanical disruption or lengthy enzymatic treatments
- Tris-based buffer has a very low ionic strength and does not include sodium chloride
- Simple formulation contains no reducing agents or chelating agents
- Fully dialyzable formulation provides complete control over downstream applications
- Compatible with both the Thermo Scientific Pierce™ BCA and Coomassie Plus™ Protein Assays
|Proprietary Tris-based buffer, pH 7.8|
|100 to 200g of wet cells|
|Cultured yeast cells|
|Y-PER-Plus Dialyzable Yeast Protein Extraction Reagent|