Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Formic Acid, LC-MS Grade
A high-purity solvent supplied in glass ampules as a convenient, contamination-free alternative for preparing elution solvents for HPLC separations of protein and peptides.
$175.44 - $301.01
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Formic Acid is high-purity solvent supplied in glass ampules as a convenient, contamination-free alternative for preparing elution solvents for HPLC separations of protein and peptides.
Formic acid is a component found in reverse-phase mobile phases to provide protons for LC/MS analysis. The presence of a low concentration of formic acid in the mobile phase is also known to improve the peak shapes of the resulting separation. Unlike trifluoroacetic acid (TFA), formic acid is not an ion-pairing reagent, and it does not suppress MS ionization of polypeptides when used as a mobile phase component.
- Prescored, nitrogen-flushed, amber glass to protect formic acid from light and moisture
- 99% purity for consistent LC baselines and no interference introduced into LC and mass spectrometry applications
- Convenient format simplifies preparation of gradient and isocratic mobile phases containing 0.1% (v/v) formic acid in water or acetonitrile
- Contents of a single vial in a final volume of 1L solvent yields a mobile phase of the most common formic acid concentration
- X in the ordering table indicates that hazardous shipping charges apply.
- Store in original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area.
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.