Hydrogen peroxide is a harmful byproduct of many normal metabolic processes. to prevent damage to cells and tissues, it must be quickly converted into other, less dangerous substances. To this end, catalase is frequently used by cells to rapidly catalyze the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide into less-reactive gaseous oxygen and water molecules.
- CAS Number: 9001-05-2
- EC Number: 232-577-1
- MDL Number: MFCD00081483
- Format: Dark green powder
- Specific Activity: ∽13,000U/mg solid
- Extinction Coefficient: 36.5 (276nm)
- Isoelectric point (pI): 5.4
- Dissolves readily at 5mg/mL in 0.05M sodium/potassium phosphate (pH 7.0) giving clear green solution
Used in the food industry for removing hydrogen peroxide from milk prior to cheese production.
|Used in the food industry for removing Hydrogen Peroxide from milk prior to cheese production|