Thermo Scientific™ n-Dodecyl-β-D-Maltoside is especially useful for solubilizing membrane proteins to preserve their activity.
The water soluble nonionic detergent is most often used for the isolation of hydrophobic membrane proteins. Multiple studies have shown that n-Dodecyl-β-D-maltoside is a gentle detergent that is often able to preserve protein activity better than many commonly used detergents, including NP-40, CHAPS and Octyl-β-glucoside.
- Lipid-like nonionic detergent
- Especially useful for isolating and stabilizing hydrophobic membrane proteins
- Preserves activity of membrane protein better than most detergents
- High-purity compound with low UV absorptivity
- Chemical Name: n-Dodecyl-beta-D-maltoside
- Molecular Weight: 510.6
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: 98 (average), 70 to 140 range
- Micelle Molecular Weight: 50,000
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.17mM (0.009%, w/v) in water ; 0.12mM (0.006%, w/v) in 0.2M sodium chloride
- Cloud Point: Unknown
- Dialyzable: No