Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) is one of the most commonly used of all cell culture media. MEM can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes.
- Available with Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator, or with Hank's salts for use without CO2
- Gibco MEM with GlutaMAX supplement minimizes toxic ammonia build-up and improves cell viability and growth in easy-to-use format
- Modified as follows: with GlutaMAX™, phenol red; without HEPES
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Calcium Chloride (CaCl2-2H2O), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, L-Alanyl-Glutamine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Cystine, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride,|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|
Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.