FastAP Thermosensitive Alkaline Phosphatase catalyzes the release of 5'- and 3'-phosphate groups from DNA, RNA, and nucleotides. This enzyme also removes phosphate groups from proteins.
FastAP is a novel alkaline phosphatase, which is active in all Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme buffers as well as in PCR buffers. It dephosphorylates all types of DNA ends (blunt, 5'- and 3'-overhangs) in 10 minutes at 37°C. The enzyme is inactivated in 5 minutes at 75°C . Therefore, removal of alkaline phosphatase is not required prior to ligation.
- Recombinant enzyme
- Fast dephosphorylation -10 minutes at 37°C
- Fast and complete inactivation -5 minutes at 75°C
- Simultaneous digestion and dephosphorylation of vector DNA
- 100% active in restriction enzyme and PCR buffers
- One protocol for all types of DNA ends:
- single nucleotides
- PCR clean-up in conjunction with Exo I
- Protein dephosphorylation
|E.coli cells with a cloned bacterial AP gene|
The purchase of this product allows the purchaser to use it for preparing amplified DNA fragments under a license from GE Healthcare of U.S. Patent Nos. 5,741,676 and 5,756,285 and other foreign patents.