Thermo Scientific™ DNase I, RNase-free (1 U/µL)
Endonuclease that nonspecifically cleaves single- and double-stranded DNA to release di-, tri-, and oligonucleotides with 5'-phosphate and 3'-OH groups.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ EN0521
Thermo Scientific DNase I, RNase-free is an endonuclease that digests single- and double-stranded DNA. It hydrolyzes phosphodiester bonds producing mono- and oligodeoxyribonucleotides with 5'-phosphate and 3'-OH groups.
The enzyme activity is strictly dependent on Ca2+ and is activated by Mg2+ or Mn2+ions.
- In the presence of Mg2+, DNase I cleaves each strand of dsDNA independently in a statistically random fashion
- In the presence of Mn2+, the enzyme cleaves both DNA strands at approximately the same site, producing DNA fragments with blunt-ends or with overhang termini of only one or two nucleotides
- Recombinant enzyme
- Purified from non-animal host with a lower level of intrinsic RNases
- Preparation of DNA-free RNA
- Removal of template DNA followingin vitrotranscription
- Preparation of DNA-free RNA prior to RT-PCR and RT-qPCR
- DNA labeling by nick-translation in conjunction with DNA Polymerase I
- Studies of DNA-protein interactions by DNase I, RNase-free footprinting
- Generation of a library of randomly overlapping DNA inserts. Reaction buffer containing Mn2+ is used
DNase I is sensitive to physical denaturation. Mix gently by inverting the tube. Do not vortex.