Cleaves double-stranded DNA nonspecifically to leave 5' phosphorylated oligodeoxynucleotides with an increased affinity for DNA-binding and remains active in presence of salt.
- Up to 50X more activity and 350% greater catalytic efficiency
- Efficiently degrades DNA in solutions containing up to 0.25M salt
- Efficiently digests DNA to oligonucleotides
- Used in clearing DNA templates from in vitro transcription reactions
- RNase-free and recombinant in origin
- Used to clear DNA contamination from RNA samples prior to RT-PCR
- Conventional DNase I has a poor affinity for DNA and cleaves DNA of low concentration
- Salt-sensitive; 20 mM NaCl can reduce activity of enzyme by 30%
- Purified from bovine pancreas, one of richest natural sources of RNase A
- Threat of contaminating RNase activity in DNase I preparations requires that enzyme be exhaustively purified
TURBO DNA-free (Mfr. No. AM1907) is available. It contains TURBO DNase along with reagents to inactivate the enzyme and remove divalent cations from the sample post-digestion.
PCR & Real-Time PCR, Real Time PCR (qPCR), Reverse Transcription
Shipping Conditions: Dry ice
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.