Cytiva Sera-Xtracta Virus/Pathogen Kit
For efficient, total nucleic acid (DNA/RNA) isolation from bacteria and viruses including COVID-19
Manufacturer: Cytiva 29506009
- Sera-Xtracta Virus/Pathogen Kit for high-throughput total nucleic acid (DNA/RNA) isolation from bacteria and viruses including Adenovirus (Type 14), Influenza A (H3N2) and COVID-19.
- Offers the advantages of solid phase extraction (using magnetic beads) and reproducible yields.
- Simplified protocol can be adapted for both manual and automated high-throughput processing.
- Scalable up to 400 µL of sample.
- Rapid extraction procedure can be completed in less than 30 minutes.
- For use with respiratory biological matrices, blood and universal transport media to support the sensitive downstream detection of viruses and other pathogens found in low concentrations.
- Compatible with molecular biology techniques, including quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR, RT-qPCR), droplet digital PCR (ddPCR), and next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Sera-Xtracta Virus/Pathogen Kit provides a simple and rapid method to optimize the workflow for sensitive detection system for viruses and other pathogens found in low concentrations.
- Optimize isolation workflows to reduce bottlenecks
- To address this bottleneck, our robust extraction chemistry ensures that the total nucleic acid is selectively bound to the superparamagnetic beads, while impurities are efficiently removed during the quick wash steps.
- The resulting high quality total nucleic acid is then eluted from the bead using a suitable elution buffer of choice.
- The rapid Sera-Xtracta workflow gives pure, high-quality nucleic acid suitable for sensitive molecular testing.
Infectious diseases affect millions of people every year. Particularly virulent and multi-drug resistant agents are increasingly responsible for infections with ever-expanding complexities. The design, manufacture and validation of assays for these pathogenic agents requires the successful purification of high-quality nucleic acid. This is essential to any molecular research and testing workflow. The nucleic acid purification process can be a bottleneck because sufficient nucleic acid from biological samples is required to meet a sensitivity threshold for assays which are designed to help identify, map or make informed decisions on latent and active infections.
|All reagents can be stored at ambient temperature (15°C–25°C). For Proteinase K, once reconstituted, store at 2°C–8°C|
|Can be completed in less than 30 minutes|
|Binding/Lysis Reagent 60 mL; Wash Buffer 100 mL; SeraSil-Mag 400 beads 1.1 mL; SeraSil-Mag 700 beads 1.1 mL; Proteinase K 30 mg (lyophilized)|
|Up to 400 μL of sample|