Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Protein G Plus Agarose is a high-capacity Protein G beaded agarose resin for use in a variety of antibody affinity purification methods.
Pierce Protein G Plus Agarose consists of recombinant Protein G that has been covalently immobilized at high density onto high-quality crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B). The resin is effective for affinity purification of IgG from serum and other fluids of many mammalian species. Protein G is especially well suited for use with mouse antibodies (including mouse IgG1) in addition to most IgG isotypes from human, goat and sheep samples.
- Protein G – immobilized Protein G is ideal for polyclonal IgG purification from mouse, human, cow, goat and sheep serum, including human IgG3 and mouse IgG1 isotypes
- Agarose resin – support is crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B), the most popular resin for protein affinity purification methods
- Inert and stable – superior manufacturing method immobilizes Protein G by charge-free, leach-resistant covalent bonds, resulting in low nonspecific binding and enabling multiple uses without decline in yield
- High capacity – “Plus” variety of Pierce Protein G Agarose has a dense load of immobilized Protein G, providing a binding capacity greater than 20mg human IgG/mL resin
Properties of crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B):
- Support pH Stability: 2 to 14 (short term); 3 to 13 (long term)
- Average Particle Size: 45 to 165 microns
- Exclusion Limit: 10,000 to 4,000,000 daltons
- Maximum Volumetric Flow Rate: approx. 1mL/minute (for 1cm diameter column)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 30cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: less than 25psi (1.5 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
|Pierce Protein G Plus Agarose|
|Protein G on crosslinked 6% beaded agarose, slurried in water with sodium azide|
|Binding 20mg human IgG/mL resin|