Invitrogen™ Molecular Probes™ NucRed™ Dead 647 ReadyProbes™ Reagent
Cell impermeant stain that emits bright far-red fluorescence when bound to DNA
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ LSR37113
- Cells that have lost plasma membrane integrity are stained within minutes, making this extremely useful stain to estimate live/dead cell ratios and to measure cytotoxicity in kinetic live cell assays
- Suitable for staining nuclei in fixed cell preparations and tissue section
- Formulated as room temperature-stable solution and comes in convenient dropper bottle: tip and drip 2 drops/mL to stain cells, then incubate 15 to 30 minutes in most cases
- Exceptionally bright far-red fluorescence upon binding to DNA
- Rapid staining of damaged, dead, or fixed cells without wash steps
- Ready-to-use liquid formulation: no need to dilute, weigh, or pipet
- High-affinity DNA stain that easily stains cells with compromised cell membranes, yet does not enter living cells
- Fluorescence increases several hundred-fold on binding to dsDNA in cells with compromised cell membranes (dying or dead cells), in fixed cells, and tissue slices
- Spectral properties, with excitation/emission at 642/661nm when bound to DNA, is excellent for standard Cy5/Far Red filters
- Long-wavelength fluorescence of the dye is well separated from that of commonly used fluorophores, such as Hoechst, GFP, Alexa Fluor™ 488, rhodamine (TRITC), Texas Red™ and many RFP variants
- Well-suited for tissue staining, as its signal is generally not obscured by tissue autofluorescence
- May be added directly to cells in full media or buffer solutions
- In most cases, staining intensity increases with time if cells are not washed prior to imaging.
- Excited with a maximum at 642nm when bound to DNA, with an emission maximum at 661nm
- It is detected through far-red filters
Cell Analysis, Cell Cycle, Cell Structure, Cell Tracing and Tracking, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Cellular Imaging, Flow Cytometry, Flow Cytometry Cell Cycle Assays, Flow Cytometry Staining by Cell Structure, Flow Cytometry of Cellular Processes, Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization, Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunofluorescence Counterstaining, Mounting and Fade Prevention, Immunofluorescence Staining and Detection, In Situ Hybridization (ISH), Nucleus, Nucleoli and Nuclear Envelope, Organelle Tracing
|Confocal Microscope, Flow Cytometer, Fluorescence Microscope|
|Store at ≤ 25°C.|
Pierce Biotechnology Inc
Purchase up to $3,000 in select life sciences products and receive up to $3,000 more at no additional cost.
Pierce Biotechnology Inc
Spend more, get more in Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, and Gibco life sciences products.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.