Applied Biosystems™ MagMAX™ Viral/Pathogen Ultra Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit
Recovers nucleic acid from viral particles and gram negative bacteria
Supplier: Applied Biosystems™ A42356
- Includes a proprietary enzyme mix that enables lysis and nucleic acid recovery from the toughest pathogens, such as gram-positive bacteria, yeast, and fungi
- With this enzyme mix, used in conjunction with optimized reagents, the MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Ultra kit makes it possible to achieve comprehensive pathogen lysis and recovery of RNA and DNA
- Utilizes MagMAX magnetic-bead technology, ensuring reproducible recovery of high-quality nucleic acid compatible with a broad range of applications, including real-time PCR, digital PCR, and next-generation sequencing
- Automation-ready protocols designed for the KingFisher Flex and KingFisher Duo Prime systems
- Fast procedure allows for 96 samples to be processed in 60 minutes
- Flexible protocol accommodates sample volume inputs from 200 µL to 2 mL of blood, urine, swabs, lavage, and various transport media such as Universal Viral Transport medium, and ThinPrep and Eswab preservative fluid
- Compatible with bronchoaveolar lavage and other respiratory samples
- No need for carrier RNA
- Elution volumes ranging from 50 to 100 µL
Maximum sample input in a 96-deep well or 24-deep well plate format
The reagents and enzyme mix included in the MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Ultra kit enable you to maximize the amount of sample input, thereby increasing the amount of RNA and/or DNA recovered from the most challenging pathogens. Up to 400 µL of sample can be processed per well in a KingFisher 96-deep well plate. For larger sample volumes, protocols are available to process up to 2 mL of sample per well in a KingFisher 24-deep well plate.
Validated for use with the TaqMan Microbiota array plates
Have confidence that your nucleic acid extraction kit will work with your downstream application and enjoy a complete solution from Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Nucleic acid extracted with the MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Ultra kit has been tested with the following TaqMan Microbiota assay panels:
- Urinary tract microbiota
- Respiratory tract microbiota
- Vaginal microbiota
Benefits of MagMAX magnetic bead–based purification
Magnetic beads offer many benefits compared to other technologies for isolating nucleic acid. Beads bind the DNA more efficiently than glass-fiber filters, resulting in higher and more consistent yields. Additionally, because filters and vacuum manifolds are not used, there is no risk of filter clogging due to cellular particulates in samples. This clogging issue is of particular concern with protein-rich, large-volume samples such as plasma that are often used in infectious disease studies.
The Dynabeads MyOne Silane contained in the MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Ultra Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit have an optimized silica-like surface chemistry with high specific surface area that allows efficient kinetics and high sensitivity in nucleic acid capture. These aspects make Dynabeads MyOne Silane ideal for the recovery of viral RNA and DNA present at low concentrations in body fluids. Once captured, these nucleic acids can then be eluted in as little as 50 µL of elution buffer for use in downstream applications.
|• 55 mL Binding Solution, store at room temperature
• 100 mL Wash Solution, store at room temperature
• 10 mL Elution Solution, store at room temperature
• 1 mL Proteinase K, store at room temperature
• 2 mL DNA/RNA Binding Beads, store at room temperature,
• 5 mL Enzyme Mix, Store -5 to -30°C
|Approved for shipment at Room Temperature or Dry Ice|
|96 Deep-Well Plate, 24 Deep-Well Plate|
For Research Use Only