Applied Biosystems™ MagMAX™ Viral/Pathogen Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit
Designed to recover RNA and DNA from virus and gram-negative bacteria in samples such as blood, swabs, urine, and viral transport media (VTM)
$684.00 - $4,560.00
- Utilizes MagMAX magnetic-bead technology, ensuring reproducible recovery of high-quality nucleic acid compatible with a broad range of applications, including real-time PCR, digital PCR, and next-generation sequencing
- Automation-ready protocols designed for the KingFisher Flex and KingFisher Duo Prime systems
- Fast procedure allows for 96 samples to be processed
- Flexible protocol accommodates sample volume inputs from 200 µL to 2 mL of biofluids or transfer media
- No need for carrier RNA
- Elution volumes ranging from 50 to 100 µL
Maximum sample input in a 96-deep well or 24-deep well plate format
The optimized reagents included in the MagMAX Viral/Pathogen kit allow you to maximize the amount of sample input, thereby increasing the amount of RNA and/or DNA recovered. Up to 400 µL of sample can be processed per well in a KingFisher 96-deep well plate. For larger sample volumes, protocols are available to process up to 2 mL of sample per well in a KingFisher 24-deep well plate
Benefits of MagMAX magnetic bead–based purification
Magnetic beads offer many benefits compared to other technologies for isolating nucleic acid. Beads bind the nucleic acid more efficiently than glass-fiber filters, resulting in higher and more consistent yields. Additionally, because filters and vacuum manifolds are not used, there is no risk of filter clogging due to cellular particulates in samples. This clogging issue is of particular concern with protein-rich, large-volume samples such as whole blood or plasma that are commonly used for viral testing.
The Dynabeads MyOne Silane contained in the MagMAX Viral/Pathogen Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit have an optimized silica-like surface chemistry with a highly specific surface area that allows efficient kinetics and high sensitivity in nucleic acid capture. These aspects make Dynabeads MyOne Silane ideal for the recovery viral RNA and DNA present at low concentrations in body fluids. Once captured, these nucleic acids can then be eluted in 50 µL of elution buffer for use in downstream applications.
|96 Deep-Well Plate, 24 Deep-Well Plate|