Glycine, MP Biomedicals™
Glycine, ACS Reagent Grade, White Crystalline Powder
Manufacturer: MP Biochemicals LLC 0219404991
- It is widely used as a buffer for a variety of immunological applications.
- It is also used as an eluent in column chromatography.
- It has been reported for use in the enzymatic determination of lactate using lactic dehydrogenase.
- Commonly used as a component in Tris-glycine and Tris-glycine-SDS running buffers for polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, a component of Towbin's transfer buffer for Western blots , a buffer substance in cryoenzymology, in osmotic pressure maintenance in isoelectric focusing of erythrocytes, salting-in effect in protein chemistry, and as a buffer component in the coupled phosphatase-kinase reaction for end labelling of restriction fragments.
- Glycine is a non-essential amino acid. Only amino acid with no asymmetric carbon.
- It is a major inhibitory neurotransmitter.
|For ACS analysis|
|Soluble in water (250mg/mL at 25°C; 672mg/mL at 100°C); slightly soluble in alcohol and ethanol(95%); almost insoluble in ether.|
Safety and Handling
RTECSNumber : MB7600000
storageNote1 : Store at Room Temperature (15-30°C).