Roswell Park Memorial Institute (RPMI) 1640 medium has since been found suitable for a variety of mammalian cells including HeLa, Jurkat, MCF-7, PC12, PBMC, astrocytes and carcinomas.
- RPMI is modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red, HEPES; without sodium bicarbonate
- Unique from other media because it contains the reducing agent glutathione and high concentrations of vitamins
- Contains biotin, vitamin B12 and PABA which are not found in Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium or Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium
- Vitamins inositol and choline are present in very high concentrations
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.0g/L) and therefore requires a 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Powder forms of Gibco cell culture medium require sodium bicarbonate supplementation, pH adjustment, and filtration at the time of preparation
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Biotin, Calcium nitrate (Ca(NO3)2 4H2O), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Folic Acid, Glutathione (reduced), Glycine, HEPES, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Hydroxyproline, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4-7H2O), Niacinamide, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4) anhydrous, Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Shelf life: 36 months from date of manufacture|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. Customers using Gibco RPMI 1640 in a manufacturing process, who have a submission with the FDA, may request a letter of authorization from Life Technologies to reference their Type II Drug Master File (DMF). For in vitro diagnostic use.