Gibco™ RPMI 1640 Medium, GlutaMAX™ Supplement, HEPES
Originally developed to culture human leukemic cells in suspension and as a monolayer
$72.75 - $1,068.00
RPMI 1640 Medium (Roswell Park Memorial Institute 1640 medium) has since been found suitable for a variety of mammalian cells, including HeLa, Jurkat, MCF-7, PC12, PBMC, astrocytes, and carcinomas.
- Unique from other media because it contains the reducing agent glutathione and high concentrations of vitamins
- Contains biotin, vitamin B12 and PABA, which are not found in Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium or Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium
- Vitamins inositol and choline are present in high concentrations
- Modified as follows: with GlutaMAX™, phenol red, HEPES. RPMI 1640 medium with GlutaMAX supplement minimizes toxic ammonia build-up and improves cell viability and growth in an easy-to-use format
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.0g/L), and therefore requires a 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|GlutaMAX-I, Phenol Red, HEPES|
Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law.