MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells.
- Gibco MEM α is modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Aailable without nucleosides for use as selection medium for DG44 and other DHFR negative cells
- Gibco MEM α with GlutaMAX supplement minimizes toxic ammonia build-up and improves cell viability and growth in easy-to-use format
- Modified as follows: with ribonucleosides, deoxyribonucleosides, phenol red, GlutaMAX™
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|2'Deoxyguanosine, 2Deoxyadenosine, 2Deoxycytidine HCl, Adenosine, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2-2H2O), Choline chloride, Cytidine, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, Glycine, Guanosine, L-Alanine, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine-H2O, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4-7H2O), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxal hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-2H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymidine, Uridine, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|