Thermo Scientific™ Gaussia-Dura Luciferase Reporter Assay Vectors
Drive mutated Gaussia luciferase expression with vectors containing a multiple cloning site (MCS) or control promoter (CMV or TK) for extended signal output.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ 16190
Thermo Scientific™ pMCSGaussia-Dura Luc Vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid designed to accept a promoter sequence for glow-analysis of gene regulation using the naturally secreting Gaussia luciferase reporter.The Gaussia Dura Luc Vectors contains a mutant form of the Gaussia luciferase gene that confers better bioluminescent signal stability than native luciferase. Gaussia-Dura luciferase (approx. 20kDa) is a secreted protein, which enables measurement of the reporter activity in media (for real-time assays) and in cell lysates. The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential. The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively. These constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
- Naturally-secreting Gaussia-Dura luciferase gene, optimized for high expression and glow-stability in mammalian systems
- Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
- Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
- Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
- High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
- Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
|pMCS-Gaussia-Dura Luc Vector|
|DNA at 0.5ug/uL in 10mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.5|
|Gene cloning and Gaussia luciferase glow assays|