Thermo Scientific™ DyLight™ Sulfhydryl-Reactive Fluorescent Dyes
Label antibodies or other proteins as probes for fluorescence imaging assays with the full spectral range of maleimide-activated DyLight Dyes.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ 62290
Thermo Scientific™ Sulfhydryl-Reactive DyLight Dyes are maleimide-activated DyLight Fluors for fluorescent labeling of antibodies and other proteins to be used as probes for cellular imaging and other fluorescence detection methods.The Thermo Scientific™ DyLight™ Dyes have absorption spectra ranging from 350 to 770nm. These reagents fluoresce over a broad pH range, are more intense than Alexa Fluor™ or Cy™ Dyes in many applications and match the output wavelengths of common fluorescence instrumentation. Additionally, the water solubility of the DyLight Reagents allows a high fluor-to-protein ratio without precipitation during conjugation.
The sulfhydryl-reactive dyes contain maleimide groups that react predominantly with free –SH groups at pH 6.5-7.5, forming a stable thioether bond. At pH 7, the maleimide group is ~1000 times more reactive toward a free sulfhydryl than to an amine.1At pH values > 7.5, reactivity toward primary amines increases and hydrolysis of the maleimide group can occur.
- Specific — maleimide-activated dye labels proteins and other molecules at reduced sulfhydryls (-SH)
- Efficient labeling methods — well-characterized chemistry and optimized protocols provide for reliable, high-quality labeling
- Optimized antibody labeling procedure —complete protocol for IgG reduction and labeling and calculating the labeling efficiency
- Antibody labeling for immunofluorescence applications, including immunocytochemistry (ICC), immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western blotting and ELISA assay
- Target macromolecule labeling for in vitro and in vivo fluorescent detection strategies
|DyLight 550 Maleimide|
|Maleimide activated proprietary orange fluorescent dye|
|1 use to label a total of 7mg of IgG using typical conditions|