Calcium chloride, Dihydrate, MP Biomedicals™
Calcium chloride, Dihydrate Cell Culture Reagent, ∽99%, White Powder
Manufacturer: Mp Biomedicals 0219481580
- Calcium chloride is a commonly used reagent in biochemistry.
- It plays important roles in many biological processes, including signal transduction, muscle contraction, and maintenance of cell membrane and cell wall stability.
- Calcium chloride is used in the preparation and transformation of competent E. coli and in the transfection of eukaryotic cells with either plasmid DNA or high molecular weight genomic DNA. has been used in the stabilization and two dimensional crystallization of the NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductase (complex I) from Escherichia coli.
- It is also used as a dessicant, coagulant in rubber manufacturing and as an accelerator in the concrete industry.
- Calcium Chloride is a salt of calcium and chloride.
- It behaves as a typical ionic halide, and is solid at room temperature
|Calcium Chloride Dihydrate|
|Soluble in water - 294mg/mL (clear, colorless solution) with heat liberation, ethanol, acetic acid, acetone.|
|Cell Culture Reagent|
|4 to 9.5 (5% aq soln)|
|Calcium dichloride dihydrate|
Safety and Handling
RTECSNumber : EV9810000
storageNote1 : Store at Room Temperature (15-30°C). Store Desiccated.
Recommended Storage : Room Temperature