Thermo Scientific™ Renvo™ Starter Kit
The Thermo Scientific™ Renvo™ Dock is a portable rapid PCR platform used together with the Thermo Scientific™ Renvo™ SARS-CoV-2 Test for fast and accurate air sample results in just 30 minutes. The Renvo™ SARS-CoV-2 Test is performed on environmental air samples from the Thermo Scientific™ AerosolSense™ Sampler.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ REND2000AA
- Included: Renvo Dock (1), stand (1), power cord and Renvo SARS-CoV-2 Test Kit (25)
- Reusable dock (1), reusable stand (1) and power cord
- Buffer* (25): single-use vial of solution containing 5 mL of buffer with dimethyl sulfoxide and < 0.01% sodium azide
- Transfer pipette* (25): single-use, fixed volume pipette used to transfer sample from the SARS-CoV-2 Buffer vial into the test cassette.
- SARS-CoV-2 test cassette* (25): single-use, foil-pouched with desiccant and test cassette containing lyophilized reagents for the targeted amplification and detection of viral nucleic acid
- Cartridge adapter* (25): Single-use plastic assembly, which is threaded to the AerosolSense Sample Cartridge for elution and testing of AerosolSense Sample Cartridge collection substrate.
- AerosolSense Sample Cartridge* (25): Single-use assembly used for collection of in-air pathogens with the AerosolSense Sampler.
- SARS-CoV-2 high positive, low positive and negative control swab* (1 each): DNA-based synthetic oligo dried onto a swab above the limit of detection of the test or buffer solution dried onto a swab.
- Rapid results: SARS-CoV-2 results in 30 minutes
- Comparable sensitivity and accuracy to standard lab-based PCR
- Small, portable, easy to use design
- Simple workflow:
- Collect sample from AerosolSense Sampler
- Elute sample
- Load sample
- Read results
The palm-sized Renvo Dock controls reaction temperatures, timing, and fluid movements within the Renvo SARS-CoV-2 Test Cassette, resulting in a fast and automated SARS-CoV-2 PCR assay. After approximately 30 minutes, the air sample test results are interpreted by visualization of blue test lines on the detection strip in the test cassette. A blue process control line at the control area is used to ensure proper reagent and Renvo Dock function and to confirm a valid negative air sample test result. The simplicity of the design and display screen make for an intuitive workflow when used in conjunction with the Renvo SARS-CoV-2 Test.
Upon insertion of a Renvo SARS-CoV-2 test cassette, the Renvo Dock detects and identifies the cassette. After the user transfers an air sample from the AerosolSense Sample Cartridge into the test cassette and closes the Renvo Dock lid, embedded firmware in the dock controls fluid flow of the sample into the various chambers of the cassette, applies controlled voltage signals to the various cassette heaters (monitored by sensors within the dock), and provides visual status to the user with critical information such as estimated time to read and various error states, should they be encountered.
|Dock kit: Reusable Renvo Dock, power cord, power adapter|
|619 g (<1.4 lb), including Dock, power adapter, and US power cord|
|15°C to 30°C|
|∼2 tests/hour per dock|
|14.5 x 9.9 x 9.7 cm (5.7 x 3.9 x 3.8 in)|
|Dock power input: 12VDC ± 1VDC, 1A maximum AC Power Adapter Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz AC Power Adapter Output: 12VDC, 2.08A, 25W maximum|