Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent
Offer maximum volatility with the Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ TS48910
Use Thermo Scientific™ MSTFA and MSTFA + 1% TMCS Silylation Reagent for GC analyses of early eluting compounds that would otherwise be obscured in the chromatogram. MSTFA, the most volatile TMS-amide available, and its byproduct N-methyltrifluoroacetamide typically elute with the solvent front, allowing TMS derivatives of small molecules to be analyzed. Addition of Thermo Scientific™ TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines, and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone.
- Trimethylsilyl donor strength comparable to BSA and BSTFA
- Reacts to replace labile hydrogens on a wide range of polar compounds with a Si(CH3)3 group
- Used to prepare volatile and thermally stable derivatives for GC and MS
- Volatile byproduct, N-methyltrifluoroacetamide, has an even lower retention time than MSTFA
- Often TMS derivatives of small molecules can be analyzed when derivatized with MSTFA because the byproducts and the reagent itself usually elute with the solvent front
- Addition of Thermo Scientfic TMCS aids derivatization of amides, secondary amines and hindered hydroxyls not derivatized by MSTFA alone
|2°C to 8°C|
|10 x 1 mL ampules|
|98 to 100%|