Invitrogen™ CM-H2DCFDA (General Oxidative Stress Indicator)
General oxidative stress indicator
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ LSC6827
CM-H2DCFDA is chloromethyl derivative of H2DCFDA useful as indicator for reactive oxygen species (ROS) in cells. This indicator exhibits much better retention in live cells than H2DCFDA. CM-H2DCFDA passively diffuses into cells, where its acetate groups are cleaved by intracellular esterases and its thiol-reactive chloromethyl group reacts with intracellular glutathione and other thiols. Subsequent oxidation yields a fluorescent adduct that is trapped inside the cell, thus facilitating long-term studies.
- Ex/Em: approx. 492 - 495/517–527nm
- Product is air sensitive (store under dry argon or nitrogen)
- Product may be dissolved in DMSO, DMF, or ethanol for use
- Indicator is cell permeant
- Fluorescence can be monitored using a flow cytometer, fluorometer, microplate reader, or fluorescence microscope, using excitation sources and filters appropriate for fluorescein
Refer to the Molecular Probes™ Handbook for additional product information.
Apoptosis, Cell Analysis, Cell Metabolism, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Free Radical Detection, Nitro-Oxidative Stress, Reactive Oxygen Species
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Store in freezer (-5 to -30°C).|
|Free Radical Sensor|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.