Invitrogen™ CellEvent™ Caspase-3/7 Green ReadyProbes™ Reagent
Fluorogenic, no-wash indicator for live- and fixed-cell applications
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ LSR37111
Activation of caspase-3 is an early indicator of apoptosis.
- Allows rapid and sensitive detection of cells destined for cell death
- Formulated as room temperature-stable solution and comes in convenient dropper bottle: tip and drip2 drops/mL to stain cells
- Optimized caspase-3/7 substrate for apoptosis analysis
- Simple and fast no-wash protocol helps preserve delicate apoptotic cells
- Compatible with both live-cell fluorescence imaging and formaldehyde-based fixation methods
- Ready-to-use liquid formulation: no need to dilute, weigh, or pipet
- Four amino acid peptide (DEVD) conjugated to a nucleic acid-binding dye that is nonfluorescent when not bound to DNA: The Caspase-3/7 Green reagent is intrinsically nonfluorescent, as DEVD peptide inhibits binding of dye to DNA
- Upon activation of caspase-3/7 in apoptotic cells, DEVD peptide is cleaved and free dye can bind DNA, generating bright green fluorescence
- Apoptotic cells with activated caspase-3/7 will have bright green nuclei, while cells without activated caspase 3/7 will show minimal fluorescence
- Fluorescent signal survives fixation and permeabilization, allowing end-point assays and immunocytochemistry-based methods
- Optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications: In such cases, simply add more or fewer drops until optimal staining intensity is obtained
- If desired, combine with red or far-red nuclear stain for total cell count
- Excited with maximum at 502nm and has emission maximum at 530nm
- It is detected through standard GFP and FITC filters
Apoptosis, Apoptosis Related Factors, Caspase Activation, Cell Analysis, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Cellular Imaging, High-Content Screening (HCS)
|1 × 1.75 mL dropper bottles
Store at ≤ 25°C.
|Confocal Microscope, Floid® Cell Imaging System, Fluorescence Microscope, Flow Cytometer, Floid™ Cell Imaging System|
|Other Label(s) or Dye(s)|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.