Intermediate Van de Graaff Generator
Create your own lightning.
Manufacturer: Fisher Scientific 10085
Two different pulleys inside a plastic column create and carry static charge up to the polished collector globe. Produces low-amperage static electricity that can be “shocking” but perfectly safe.
- Negatively charged, 9.5 in. (24cm) tall
- 400,000V potential
- Sparks up to 12 in. (30.5cm)
- 3 in. dia. (7.5cm) shock-resistant transparent butyrate column
- Output of 10 microamps
- ON/OFF switch with ground terminal
- Brush assembly rarely needs adjustment
- Operable in humidity up to 90%
- 110V operation
|Instruction booklet, spare belt, 3 in. dia. shock resistant transparent Butyrate column, on/off switch with ground terminal|
|Students can create their own lightning with these time tested devices which deposits a very large amount of positive electric charge on dome, can conduct experiment with St. Elmo's fire or electrostatic attraction and repulsion|
|Van de Graaff generator|