Laxco™ Handheld Lighted Analog Salinity Refractometer
Laxco™ Analog Lighted Salinity Refractometers uniquely design incorporates LED technology to illuminate the scale without the need of ambient light. Its ruggedized design, water resistant seal, and unique features makes it puts it in a class of its own for measuring Salinity and Specific Gravity.
Manufacturer: Laxco™ LRS10ATC
Refractometers have been used for measuring the concentration of solutions for more than a century. Their primary purpose is to measure the degree at which light bends as it passes through a medium, and is used in a wide range of applications and industries as a quality control and diagnostic tool.
Laxco Analog Lighted Refractometers are designed by US engineers and include many features packed into a handheld device.
Each unit is inspected in the United States by a factory qualified technician under a rigid quality control process to ensure accuracy and performance.
- Sealed calibration screw is locked on the bottom of the unit to prevent water from entering into the system
- Quickly calibrate the instrument with a turn of a screw, and distilled water
- Comfortable rubber eyecup blocks out ambient light and allows for crystal clear viewing of readings
- Automatic temperature compensation prevents the need for constant re-calibration of the instrument. As the ambient temperature changes, the scale will automatically compensate for the difference in the degree of refraction. This ensures an accurate reading every time
- All metal construction and water-resistant seal between prism and main body protects and prevents damage to internal objective lens
- Flat bottom allows the instrument to be set on a flat surface without the worry of it rolling
- Rubber hand grip is comfortable, easy to grasp. Its non-slip pattern grip reduces that chance of accidentally dropping the instrument
- One-piece U-shaped metal hinged daylight plate provides durability of frequent opening and closing. Two screws allow the daylight plate to be easily replaced in case of accidental damage
- Machined hole for hanging the refractometer in a convenient location
- Ball bearing hinged daylight secures the daylight plate in the up and down position
- Magnified scale and all glass optics creates the sharpest readings on the market
- Push bottom monetary switch allows for easy operation of the LED illumination
- Focusable eyepiece allows for crisp focus of reading line
- Carrying lanyard
- Two sample applicators are mounted to the bottom side of the refractometer, for convenience
- LED illuminates the scale without the need for ambient light
- Operates both with ambient light and LED
- Portable, easy to use design
Whether you are in Aquaculture, Food processing or wildlife management Laxco Lighted Analog Handheld Refractometers are designed to measure salt levels in water and other saline fluids accurately and repeatedly. The dual scale allows for direct readings of specific gravity, and concentrations in parts per thousand.
- Specific Gravity: 1.000ppt to 1.070ppt with granularity to measure down to 0.001 divisions at a ±0.001 degree of Accuracy
- Salinity: 0 to 100ppt with granularity to measure down a 1ppt divisions at a ±1ppt degree of Accuracy
Laxco™ refractometers are formally Westover Scientific refractometers
|±0.001 spc.gr; ±1ppt|
|Salinity; Aquaculture; Food Processing; Wildlife Management|
|LED or Ambient|
|204 x 39 x 39mm|
|50° to 86° F (10° to 30° C)|
|Specific Gravity 1.000 to 1.070spc.gr.; 0 to 100ppt|
|Calibration Screw Driver, Carrying case with strap, (3) watch batteries, (2) Applicator, Calibration fluid, Manual|
|±0.001 spc.gr; ±1ppt|
Daylight Plate is not covered by Warranty