Roswell Park Memorial Institute (RPMI) 1640 Medium has since been found suitable for a variety of mammalian cells, including HeLa, Jurkat, MCF-7, PC12, PBMC, astrocytes, and carcinomas.
- Modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red; without HEPES, sodium bicarbonate
- Contains reducing agent glutathione and high concentrations of vitamins
- Contains biotin, vitamin B12, and PABA, which are not found in Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium or Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium
- Vitamins inositol and choline are present in high concentrations
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors; therefore, requiring supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.0g/L), and therefore requires a 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Powder forms of Gibco cell culture media require sodium bicarbonate supplementation, pH adjustment, and filtration at the time of preparation
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Biotin, Calcium nitrate (Ca(NO3)2 4H2O), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Folic Acid, Glutathione (reduced), Glycine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Hydroxyproline, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4-7H2O), Niacinamide, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4-7H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Shelf life: 36 months from date of manufacture|