Gibco™ RPMI 1640 Medium
Originally developed to culture human leukemic cells in suspension and as a monolayer
$403.00 - $654.00
Roswell Park Memorial Institute (RPMI) 1640 Medium has since been found suitable for a variety of mammalian cells, including HeLa, Jurkat, MCF-7, PC12, PBMC, astrocytes, and carcinomas.
- Modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red; without HEPES
- Contains reducing agent glutathione and high concentrations of vitamins
- Contains biotin, vitamin B12, and PABA, which are not found in Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium or Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium
- Vitamins inositol and choline are present in high concentrations
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.0g/L), and therefore requires a 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Antibody and Cell Culture Production, Bioproduction, Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|L-Glutamine, Phenol Red|
Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.