Gibco™ MEM (Temin's modification) (2X), no phenol red
Modified form of Minimum Essential Medium, one of the most commonly used of all cell culture media
Manufacturer: Gibco™ LS11935046
Temin's Modified Eagle Medium (MEM) can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes.
- Modified as follows: with L-glutamine, Earle's salts, sodium bicarbonate; without HEPES, phenol red
- Temin's Modification is 2x MEM with 4x vitamins and amino acids of original MEM
- Formulation contains Earle's salts for use in a CO2 incubator
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (8.4g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco MEM is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Storage conditions: 2-8°C. Protect from light
Shipping conditions: Ambient
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture
|No Sodium Pyruvate|
|No Phenol Red|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.