MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells.
- Modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Available without nucleosides for use as selection medium for DG44 and other DHFR negative cells
- Modified as follows: with ribonucleosides, deoxyribonucleosides, L-glutamine; without phenol red
- Made with Earle's salts and contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- is product is made with Earle's salts
- Suatainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco MEM α is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|2'Deoxyguanosine, 2Deoxyadenosine, 2Deoxycytidine HCl, Adenosine, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, Cytidine, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, Glycine, Guanosine, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine-H2O, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxal hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymidine, Uridine, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|