Medium 199 has broad species applicability, particularly for cultivation of non-transformed cells. Medium 199 is widely used in virology, vaccine production, and in vitro cultivation of primary explants of mouse pancreatic epithelium, and rat lens tissues.
- It is modified as follows: with L-glutamine and phenol red; without HEPES or sodium bicarbonate
- Contains adenine, adenosine, hypoxanthine, thymine, and additional vitamins
- Available with Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator, or with Hank's salts for use without CO2
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Powder forms of Gibco cell culture medium require sodium bicarbonate supplementation, pH adjustment, and filtration at time of preparation
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Adenine sulfate, Adenosine 5-phosphate, Adenosine 5-triphosphate, Alpha-tocopherol Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Cholesterol, Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Deoxyribose, Ferric Nitrate (Fe(NO3)3·9H2O), Folic Acid, Glutathione (reduced), Glycine, Guanine hydrochloride, Hypoxanthine Na, L-Alanine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Hydroxyproline, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Menadione (Vitamin K3), Niacinamide, Nicotinic acid (Niacin), Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxal hydrochloride, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Ribose, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymine, Tween 80, Uracil, Vitamin A (acetate), Vitamin D2 (Calciferol), Xanthine-Na, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Shelf life: 36 months from date of manufacture|