Ham's F-12K (Kaighn's) Medium was developed for primary human hepatocytes, as well as for some rat and chicken liver cells in a reduced serum environment. This F-12K (Kaighn's) Medium is modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red; without HEPES.
- Contains many components not found in traditional basal media, such as putrescine, thymidine, hypoxanthine, zinc, and higher levels of all amino acids and sodium pyruvate
- Additions allow medium to be supplemented with very low levels of serum or defined components, for some cell types
- Contains no proteins or growth factors, and is therefore often supplemented with growth factors and Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.5g/L), and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, Cupric sulfate (CuSO4-5H2O), D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Ferric sulfate (FeSO4-7H2O), Folic Acid, Glycine, Hypoxanthine Na, L-Alanine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Asparagine-H2O, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Lipoic Acid, Magnesium Chloride (anhydrous), Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Putrescine 2HCl, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4) anhydrous, Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4) anhydrous, Sodium Pyruvate, Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymidine, Vitamin B12, Zinc sulfate (ZnSO4-7H2O), i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8°C. Protect from light. Shelf life : 12 months from date of manufacture|