Ham's F-12K (Kaighn's) Medium was developed for primary human hepatocytes, as well as for some rat and chicken liver cells in a reduced serum environment. This F-12K (Kaighn's) Medium is modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red; without HEPES.
- Contains many components not found in traditional basal media, such as putrescine, thymidine, hypoxanthine, zinc, and higher levels of all amino acids and sodium pyruvate
- Additions allow medium to be supplemented with very low levels of serum or defined components, for some cell types
- Contains no proteins or growth factors, and is therefore often supplemented with growth factors and Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.5g/L), and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.