Ham's F-12 Nutrient Mixture (F-12) has since been used for serum-free growth of CHO cultures as well as serum-supplemented growth of other mammalian cells, including chondrocytes and rat prostate epithelial cells. This Ham's F-12 is modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red; without sodium bicarbonate.
- Contains zinc, putrescine, hypoxanthine, and thymidine
- Serum-free growth of CHO cells in F-12 has led to variety of improved formulations
- Contains no proteins or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (1.176g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Powder forms of Gibco cell culture medium require sodium bicarbonate supplementation, pH adjustment, and filtration at the time of preparation
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco F-12 is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, Cupric sulfate (CuSO4-5H2O), D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Ferric sulfate (FeSO4-7H2O), Folic Acid, Glycine, Hypoxanthine Na, L-Alanine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Asparagine-H2O, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Linoleic Acid, Lipoic Acid, Magnesium Chloride (anhydrous), Niacinamide, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Putrescine 2HCl, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4) anhydrous, Sodium Pyruvate, Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymidine, Vitamin B12, Zinc sulfate (ZnSO4-7H2O), i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Shelf life: 36 months from date of manufacture|