Compared to classic RPMI 1640, serum supplementation can be reduced by 50-90% with no change in growth rate or morphology.i Cells successfully cultured in Advanced RPMI 1640, with no adaptation, include Sp2, Vero, Raji, Daudi, and Jurkat. This Advanced RPMI 1640 is modified as follows: with glucose, non essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES.
- Unique from other media due to addition of following ingredients to allow for serum reduction: ethanolamine, glutathione, ascorbic acid, insulin, transferrin, AlbuMAX™ I lipid-rich bovine serum albumin for cell culture, and trace elements sodium selenite, ammonium metavanadate, cupric sulfate, and manganous chloride
- Requires supplementation with 1-5% Fetal Bovine Serum and 4mM L-glutamine or GlutaMAX™ supplement
- Many cell lines do not require adaptation to this media
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line to obtain maximum serum reduction
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco Advanced RPMI 1640 is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to the ISO 13485 standards.
|AlbuMAX II, Ammonium Metavanadate, Ascorbic Acid phosphate, Biotin, Calcium nitrate (Ca(NO3)2 4H2O), Choline chloride, Cupric Sulfate, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Ethanolamine, Folic Acid, Glutathione (reduced), Glycine, Human Transferrin (Holo), Insulin Recombinant Full Chain, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Histidine, L-Hydroxyproline, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Manganous Chloride, Niacinamide, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4) anhydrous, Sodium Pyruvate, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Zinc sulfate (ZnSO4-7H2O), i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|