Compared to classic MEM, serum supplementation can be reduced by 50-90% with no change in growth rate or morphology.i Cells successfully cultured in Advanced DMEM / F-12, with no adaptation, include PK-15, MDCK, Vero, WI-38 and Hep-2. It is modified as follows: with glucose, non essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES.
- Unique from other media due to addition of following ingredients to allow for serum reduction: ethanolamine, glutathione, ascorbic acid, insulin, transferrin, AlbuMAX™ I lipid-rich bovine serum albumin for cell culture, and trace elements sodium selenite, ammonium metavanadate, cupric sulfate, and manganous chloride
- Requires supplementation with 1-5% Fetal Bovine Serum and 4mM L-glutamine or GlutaMAX™ supplement
- Many cell lines do not require adaptation to this media
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line to obtain maximum serum reduction
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco Advanced MEM is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to the ISO 13485 standards.
sup>iPaul Price, Brad Stiles, David Staines, Ethel Evege, Femi Fatunmbi, Kate Wagner, Lori Nestler, David Jayme. Advanced Media as Alternatives to Classical Basal Media. FOCUS, 2003. 25.2:3-6.
|AlbuMAX II, Ammonium Metavanadate, Ascorbic Acid phosphate, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, Glycine, Human Transferrin (Holo), Insulin Recombinant Full Chain, L-Alanine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|