Gibco™ Advanced DMEM/F-12
Used as basal medium for supporting the growth of many different mammalian cells. Gibco™ Advanced DMEMF/12 is used in cell culture processing applications.
$71.25 - $566.00
- Contains 4 times the concentration of amino acids and vitamins than the original Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium
- Originally formulated with low glucose (1g/L) and sodium pyruvate, but is often used with higher glucose levels, with or without sodium pyruvate
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L), and therefore requires a 5 to 10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Cells successfully cultured in DMEM include primary fibroblasts, neurons, glial cells, HUVECs, and smooth muscle cells, cell lines such as HeLa, 293, Cos-7, and PC-12
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.