BD Difco™ Plate Count Agar
Used for obtaining microbial plate counts from milk and dairy products, foods, water and other materials of sanitary importance. BD™ Difco™ Plate Count Agar is a dehydrated medium base that meets APHA requirements.
$291.84 - $2243.84
Plate Count Agar used in the enumeration of bacteria in water, wastewater, food and dairy. It is made according to the American Public Health Association (APHA) formulation. It is recommended for obtaining plate counts for milk and other dairy products and may also be used to determine the sanitary quality of foods, water and other materials. Each lot of dehydrated medium base is subjected to the APHA quality control test.
- Good cultural response to Lactobacillus johnsonii 11506 and Staphylococcus aureus 25923
- Enzymatic digest of casein provides amino acids and other complex nitrogenous substances
- Yeast extract primarily supplies the B-complex vitamins
- Dextrose is an energy source
- pH (2.35% solution, 25°C): 7.0 ± 0.2
|AOAC, BAM, CCAM, COMPF, EPA, ISO, SMD, SMWW, USDA, APHA
|2°C to 30°C
|Plate Count Agar
|Pancreatic digest of Casein 5g/L, Yeast extract 2.5g/L, Dextrose 1g/L, Agar 15g/L
|For obtaining microbial plate counts from Milk and dairy product, foods, Water and other materials of sanitary importance