RPR Card antigen suspension is a carbon particle cardiolipin antigen1 which detects reagin, an antibody-like substance present in serum or plasma from syphilitic persons. The reagin binds to the test antigen, which consists of cardiolipin-lecithin-coated cholesterol particles, causing macroscopic flocculation.
- Recommended when venous blood collection employed and a large volume of serum available, such as in public health and clinical laboratories
- Various RPR Card Test kits are available with all the necessary supplies to perform the procedure
- A wide array of kit sizes are available
- Antigen and testing components may be purchased separately
- Test cards are available in 10, 15 and 30 spot cards
- BD Dispenstirs™ are included with tests to serve as pipetting and spreading devices
- When specimen contains antibody, flocculation occurs with coagglutination of carbon particles of RPR Card antigen, which appear as black clumps against white background of card
- Nonreactive specimens appear to have an even light-gray color
- In special situations when nontreponemal test results are needed rapidly and specimen is collected as EDTA plasma, RPR 18mm Circle Card Test can be used if test is performed within 24 hours
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your 9-digit account number, or become a registered user on fishersci.com by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service at 1-800-766-7000.
|Detects reagin present in Serum of syphilitic patients|
|Cardiolipin 0.003%, Lecithin 0.020 to 0.022%, Cholesterol 0.09%, EDTA 0.0125M, Na2HPO4 0.01M, KH2PO4 0.01M, Sodium Azide 0.2%, Charcoal 0.02%, Choline Chloride 10% w/v, Deionized/Distilled Water|
|Serologic detection of Syphilis|