Tryptic Soy Broth (Soybean-Casein Digest Medium) is a general purpose medium used in qualitative procedures for the cultivation of fastidious and non-fastidious microorganisms from a variety of clinical and nonclinical specimens. TSB is a nutritious medium that will support the growth of a wide variety of microorganisms, including common aerobic, facultative and anaerobic bacteria and fungi.
- This formulation is included in the USP as a medium for use in performing microbial enumeration tests and tests for specified microorganisms when testing nonsterile pharmaceutical products.
- TSB was chosen by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service for detecting viable bacteria in live vaccines.
- TSB is recommended for testing bacterial contaminants in cosmetics and complies with established standards in the food industry.
- Because of its capacity for growth promotion, TSB is also recommended for use as the inoculum broth for disc diffusion and agar dilution antimicrobial susceptibility testing as standardized by the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI).
- Used in the isolation of: Neisseria meningitides 13090, Staphylococcus epidermidis 12228, Streptococcus pneumoniae 6305, Streptococcus pyogenes 19615, Aspergillus brasiliensis (niger) 16404, Bacillus subtillis 6633, Candida albicans 10231, Escherichia coli 8739, Pseudomonas aeruginosa 9027, Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serotype Typhimurium 14028, Staphylococcus aureus 6538
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your 9-digit account number, or become a registered user on fishersci.com by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service at 1-800-766-7000.
|AOAC, BAM, BS12, CCAM, CLSI, CMPH2, COMPF, EP, EPA, ISO, JP, MCM9, SMD, USDA, USP|
|Cultivation of fastidious and non-fastidious microorganisms from a variety of clinical and nonclinical specimens|
|Dehydrated (free flowing, homogenous)|
|Pancreatic digest of Casein 17g/L, Papaic digest of Soybean 3g/L, Dextrose 2.5g/L, Sodium Chloride 5g/L, Dipotassium Phosphate 2.5g/L|