BD™ Difco™ Brain Heart Infusion Agar
Suitable for the cultivation of a wide variety of organism types, including bacteria, yeasts and molds. BD™ Difco™ Brain Heart Infusion Agar is a general-purpose medium that can be used as a medium for aerobic bacteriology and for the primary recovery of fungi from clinical specimens.
$138.51 - $2,012.46
BHI Agar has proven to be effective in the cultivation of a wide variety of fastidious microorganisms, including many types of pathogens, fungi and yeasts. Also used with added antibiotics in isolating fungi. It derives its nutrients from the brain heart infusion, peptone and dextrose components.
- The peptones and infusion are sources of organic nitrogen, carbon, sulfur, vitamins and trace substances
- Dextrose is a carbohydrate source that microorganisms utilize by fermentative action
- The medium is buffered through the use of disodium phosphate
- To prepare solution, suspend 52g in 1L purified water
- pH (5.2% solution, 25°C): 7.4 ± 0.2
- Good cultural response with: Aspergillus brasiliensis (niger) 16404, Escherichia coli 25922, Staphylococcus aureus 25923, Streptococcus pneumoniae 6305, Streptococcus pyogenes 19615
|ISO 9000, AOAC, BAM, CCAM, COMPF, EPA, MCM9, SMD, SMWW, USDA|
|Isolation of Aspergillus brasiliensis (niger) 16404, Escherichia coli 25922, Staphylococcus aureus 25923, Streptococcus pneumoniae 6305, Streptococcus pyogenes 19615|
|Brain heart infusion Agar|
|Calf brain infusion from 200g 7.7g/L, Beef heart infusion from 250g 9.8g/L, Proteose Peptone 10g/L, Dextrose 2g/L, Sodium Chloride 5g/L, Disodium Phosphate 2.5g/L, Agar 15g/L|