Thermo Scientific™ Armadillo 96-Well, Clear, Semi-Skirted PCR Plates
Thermo Scientific™ Armadillo™ 96-Well, Clear, Semi-Skirted PCR Plates are the ultimate in high performance PCR plastics.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ AB2596
Thermo Scientific ™ Armadillo™ 96-Well, Clear, Semi-Skirted PCR Plates are the ultimate in high performance PCR plastics. Combining the rigidity of a polycarbonate frame with thin walled polypropylene wells, the Armadillo plate provides superior thermal cycling performance under all conditions without warping.
The barcoded plates (Part numbers BC-2596, BC-3496, BC-2496, BC-3596) are designed for high-throughput, robotic PCR, and qPCR applications and feature a raised rim to improve seal integrity. They are available with both clear (BC-2596, BC-2496) and white (BC-3596, BC-3496) colored wells and with 128-industry standard barcoding.
- Optically clear skirt—Aids in visualization of liquids and improves stacking capabilities in automated handling systems
- ANSI:SBS footprint—With rigidity of polycarbonate skirt, the ANSI footprint ensures complete compatibility with robotic systems for high throughput applications
- Thermostable polycarbonate semi-skirted frame design—Warp-resistant thermal cycling and enhanced mechanical stability in robotic handling
- Thin walled U-bottom wells—Optimal heat transfer and maximum sample recovery
- Indented Alphanumeric Grid reference lettering—Integrated frame and well design for improved heat sealing
- Available in both clear and white colored wells—Ensures the highest level of sensitivity for all PCR/qPCR reactions
- Barcoding available—All plates can be provided with standard barcoding or barcoded to customer specifications for fully automated applications
The barcodes are the industry standard code 128. The label itself can withstand temperatures from -196°C up to 120°C to ensure that the barcodes stay on the plate throughout your entire workflow. It also has a special coating to virtually eliminate any ‘rubbing off' of the code during handling. The dual barcodes are located on the opposite numeric and opposite alpha sides of the plate.
|Real-Time PCR Systems or Thermal Cyclers|