The Difference Is the Design
Features of Thermo Scientific™ SmartFlow™ technology include dual-DC motors to automatically balance the cabinet inflow and downflow air velocities in real time — even as the filters load with contaminants. That means exceptional user and sample protection you never have to think about. Plus, the Digital Airflow Verification (DAVe) alarm signals any out-of-spec conditions for added assurance. Combined with Thermo Scientific's proven reliability, ergonomics and energy efficiency, the ideal choice is also the one you can trust completely. And not just on day one.
Innovations in Containment and Efficiency
A biological safety cabinet's primary function is to provide cleanliness and containment. Features available on Thermo Scientific biological safety cabinets include:
- SmartFlow dual-motor design automates airflow compensation and balance
- Digital Airflow Verification (DAVe) alerts user to excessive flow restriction
- Night Set-Back mode reduces airflow to 30% when window is closed
- 75% less energy, longer motor and filter life than traditional AC motor cabinets
- Reduced noise level enhances user focus
- 10° sloped front for exceptional ergonomics
- Spacious work area with comfortable armrest
- Increased light intensity for brighter work environment
- SmartClean front window design for easy cleaning
- Intuitive control panel for at-a-glance monitoring
- SmartPort organizes tubing and cables with convenient side access
- Programmable UV lights extends bulb life and saves energy
- Transparent side glass windows maximize light and visibility
- Programmable cross-beam UV disinfection illuminates entire work area without shadows
- SampleGuard aerosol-tight window sealing for added sample protection
- SmartClean Plus hinged front window design for easy cleaning
- Intuitive eye-level controls with handheld control panel for ADA compliance
- Motorized frameless window sash ensures safe sash height at the push of a button
Why are airflow alarms an important consideration for Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs)?
Why should you select a Class II Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC) with a DC motor over one with an AC motor?
Why is a dual blower system better than a single blower system?
How do I extend the filter life of my biological safety cabinet (BSC)?
Thermo Scientific biological safety cabinets (BSCs) are designed to maximize sample protection and operator safety – every day.
Managing groups of biological safety cabinets (BSCs) requires an optimization strategy that addresses both performance and cost.