Where We Are in Space and Time
Hands-on activities emphasize observing cycles and calculating sizes of/distances to stars, planets, and galaxies.
Manufacturer: Fisher Science Education PS12
Twenty-one activities cover three units: Observing and Measuring Astronomical Time, Measuring Astronomical Distances Using Triangles and Measuring Astronomical Distances Using Apparent Brightness.
- Students can write answers or calculations in the book; some pages can be cut out
- Lists required materials; includes a glossary and a key to identifying objects on the photographic plates
- Spiral-bound; 176 pages
- Gives answers to the homework questions and problems
- Offers suggestions on approaching each activity
- Includes black and white master prints
- 48 pages
|Observing and measuring astronomical time, measuring astronomical distances using triangles and measuring astronomical distances using apparent brightness|