Whatman™ WTP Range PTFE Membranes
Suited for applications involving aggressive organic solvents, strong acids, and alkalis due to being chemically stable and inert. Whatman&trade WTP Range PTFE Membranes are particularly suitable for preparing samples for HPLC analysis, air and gas sterilization.
Manufacturer: Whatman™ 7585004
Filters, Membrane; Whatman; Type WTP PTFE; Naturally hydrophobic; 0.5μm Pore Size; Diameter: 47mm; Pack of 100PTFE stretched film, laminated to a nonwoven polypropylene support web>
- Naturally hydrophobic
- 0.5μm size is generally used for sample prefiltering in HPLC analyses for sample filtration where any solid particles can cause permanent damage to column
- 0.2μm size is used in sterile venting of vacuum manifolds and sterile filtrate tanks and containers
Use up to 120°C (248°F); higher temperatures will cause laminate to soften.
- Clarification of corrosives, solvents, and aggressive fluids
- Collecting moist dusts for subsequent analysis (0.5 and 1.0μm pore sizes)
- Air and gas sterilization (0.2 and 0.5μm pore sizes)